Skip directly to content

History

To read more please click the title or the picture.
Title The story
Oey Tambahsia (ID)Sang Playboy Di Ting Gantungan

Pendahuluan

Batavia adalah kota yang penuh dengan kenangan. Umurnya yang tua, didirikan di paruh pertama abad 17, kota ini memiliki cerita sejarah yang pantas untuk di tulis kembali. Salah satunya adalah cerita tentang Oey Tambahsia yang sangat legendaris. Tulisan Siswadhi ini telah diterbitkan dalam majalah Intisari tahun 1984. Di dalam website Klikbatavia tulisan ini diterjemahkan kedalam Bahasa Inggris dengan baik supaya Sejarah Batavia diketahui oleh setiap orang.   

Oey TambahsiaThe Hang On The Playboy

Introduction

Batavia is a city full of memories. Her old age, founded in the first half of the 17th century, has a long history that deserves to be rewritten. One of them is the story of Oey Tambahsia who is very legendary. This Siswadhi’s writing has been published in Intisari magazine in 1984 and 1988. In Klikbatavia this article is translated into English so that every one will know the history of Batavia or old Jakarta.

5. Hotel Kelas SatuReceptionis Hotel Des Indes

Usaha perluasan dengan menambah kamar-kamar baru diadakan pada tahun 1898. Sembilan tahun kemudian ditambah dengan sejumlah pavilyun baru. Bagian depan yang besar dengan lobby yang luas dibangun pada tahun 1931. Sedang rumah asli yang tampak sebagai bangunan induk dalam foto-foto kuno pada pertukaran abad ini, di tahun 1970an masih berdiri di bagian belakang, dikenal sebagai "rumah merah".

Sejak masa itu sampai tahun 1950an, Hotel des Indes merupakan hotel kelas satu yang tiada duanya dalam prestise dan kedudukannya di Jakarta. Setelah itu kedudukannva makin merosot.

5. First Class HotelReceptionist of Hotel Des Indes

Expansion efforts by adding new rooms held in 1898. Nine years later coupled with a new pavilion. The large front side, built in 1931, had a spacious lobby. While the original house that appeared to be the main building in the turn of 20th century old photographs, in the 1970’s was still standing in the back, known as the "red house".

From that time until the 1950’s, the Hotel des Indes was a first-class hotel like no other in the prestige and position in Jakarta. After that its positon was declining.

4. Jacob LugtJacob Lugt

Jacob Lugt, pemilik baru yang membeli Hotel des Indes dalam tahun 1888, adalah seorang bekas militer dan pengusaha yang sukses. Dialah yang mulai mengusahakan hotel itu secara besar-besaran. Antara tahun-tahun 1891-94 dia membeli tanah-tanah di sekitarnya dan dijadikan suatu kompleks hotel yang cukup besar seluas 80.000 m persegi.

Tanah-tanah itu meliputi bekas Moenswijk yang dijadikan receptie-paviljoen, tanah Reinier de Klerk, persil yang disebut Hortus Medicus (kebun tanaman obat-obatan) douarier (janda) van der Parra dan persil Goldmann yang berbatasan dengan Gang Chaulan.

Jacob Lugt

4. Jacob LugtJacob Lugt

Jacob Lugt, the new owners who bought des Indes Hotel in 1888, was a former military and successful businessman. It was he who began to cultivate the hotel massively. Between the years 1891-1894 he bought the lands around it and made a large hotel complex of 80,000 sq m.

The lands was included former Moenswijk used as reception paviljoen, Reinier de Klerk land, parcels called Hortus Medicus (garden of medicinal plants) of the widow of van der Parra and Goldmann parcels bordering Chaulan Gang.

However, the wealthy Jacob Lugt did not gained success in the hospitality business.

3. Hotel de Provence Hotel des Indes Guest Pavilliun

Pada tahun 1828 rumah itu dibeli dua pengusaha Perancis bernama A. Chaulan dan J.J. Didero. Kedua orang ini agaknya memang berusaha di bidang perhotelan, sebab mereka mempunyai sebuah losmen di Bidara Cina. Nama Chaulan diabadikan untuk nama Gang Chaulan. Penduduk lama kota Jakarta mengenal gang itu dengan nama jalan Kemakmuran, yang kemudian berganti nama lagi menjadi jalan Hasyim Ashari.

Mula-mula hotel itu dikenal dengan nama Hotel Chaulan saja; kemudian menjadi Hotel de Provence (1835) untuk menghormati daerah kelahiran pemiliknya.

3. De Provence HotelHotel des Indes Guest Pavilliun

In 1828 the house was purchased by two French businessmen named A. Chaulan and J.J. Didero. Both are in the hospitality business, because they already had a hostel in Bidara Cina. The name Chaulan  was immortalized for an alley name Gang Chaulan. The old resident of the city called the alley Kemakmuran Street, which was then renamed again to Hasyim Ashari Street.

At first, the hotel was known as Hotel Chaulan only; later it became Hotel de Provence (1835) in honor of the owner’s birth place.

2. Moenswijk Reiner de Klerk

2. Moenswijk

Moenswijk boleh dikata rumah yang paling dekat dengan pinggiran sebelah selatan pada zaman itu. Sekitar gedung Tabungan Pos (BTN) dan Asrama CPM Jaga Monyet (sekarang Jl. Suryopranoto) terdapat pos penjagaan atau benteng kecil Rijs-wijk. Nama Jaga Monyet menumbuhkan dugaan bahwa kawasan di luar benteng seperti Harmoni, Petojo dan lain-lain masih hutan lebat berawa-rawa.

Moenswijk berasal dari nama pemilik pertamanya, Adriaan Moens, seorang Directeur Generaal VOC yang kaya-raya. Sayang tak banyak yang kita ketahui tentang riwayat rumah dan tanah seluas 22.000 m persegi ini.

2. MoenswijkReiner de Klerk

2. Moenswijk

By that time Moenswijk was the closest house to the south outskirts of the city. Around gedung Tabungan Pos (BTN) and CPM Dormitory Jaga Monyet or monkey (now Suryopranoto street) there is a checkpoint or a small fort Rijs-wijk. It was called Monkey because the area outside the fort like Harmony, Petojo and others still marshy dense forest.

Moenswijk derived from the name of its first owner, Adriaan Moens, a wealthy VOC Directeur Generaal. Unfortunately we know not much about the history of the house and the land area of 22,000 square meters.

Pages